Many families around the globe have found themselves affected by addiction, and many times these families have sought out treatment at traditional rehab centers with little success. When conventional addiction rehabilitation doesn’t seem to work it may be time to look into an alternative rehab solution.
Tens of thousands of people have made the choice to attend a Narconon rehabilitation center as an alternative option to deal with their drug and alcohol problem. The Narconon program uses no drugs in its rehabilitation process, which by nature makes it an alternative choice.
What Makes Narconon Different
In addition to its drug free approach to addiction treatment, Narconon treatment does not require graduates to attend meetings after they complete their program. Instead, the graduate is expected to use what they have learned in the program to successfully live a drug free life.
The Narconon program’s treatment method is markedly different to conventional rehabilitation in the following five ways:
1. A tolerable drug-free withdrawal – All participants in the Narconon program begin with a thorough withdrawal process. Rather than replacement drugs, nutritional supplements are administered to help the body recover from the damage of drug use. Also simple objective exercises are used to calm the body and assist the addict in becoming orientated in the environment.
2. Sauna detoxification – Narconon uses a low-heat sauna program to deeply detoxify the body. In combination with a nutritional program and moderate exercise, the sauna can clear out toxins that get lodged in the body through drug use. The sauna program also helps clear out environmental toxins for overall improved health.
3. Communication skills – In addiction the user becomes disconnected from others and the environment. Narconon uses communication courses to help the student re-engage with others in their environment. The communication courses also help restore perception through exercises that help to restore the addict’s and awareness.
4. Life skills – Most addicts have adapted to a life style that revolves around their addiction. In sobriety many addicts find that they are lacking in the tools necessary to live drug free. Narconon’s life skills courses help to teach an addict to function successfully without drugs.
5. A non-denominational moral code – Personal morals and decision-making skills can be destroyed through a life of addiction. While getting clean learning to make the right decisions can be the difference between success and failure. Re-establishing a moral code can serve as a way to help guide addicts through this process.
Narconon Arrowhead has released the results of outcome monitoring reports they have conducted in accordance with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), and the Center of Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT). The monitoring procedure was developed by outside research scientists, and the results are based on graduates who completed the program in the six months prior to the survey dates.
In February 2007, the Arrowhead staff was able to contact 97% of the 37 students who graduated in the specified time period. The results were as follows:
• 76.5% reported being completely drug free in the past 30 days
• 8.8% reported being drug free except for drinking alcohol socially in the past 30 days
• 76.5% reported being drug and alcohol free since graduating the program
• 86% of graduates were in school or employed
• 97.1% of graduates were arrest-free since completing the program
For families who have not had success with traditional treatment, or those who are ready to look for help for the first time, Narconon’s alternative addiction rehabilitation may be the best choice. The program is laid out in steps that ensure a smooth transition for the addict through the program, and each graduate leaves with a plan for successfully living drug free.